9.14.2010

Wisconsin Lieutenant Governor Primary Today

As I've laid out before, I think Brett Davis brings the most to the GOP ticket of any of the candidates.

Having worked with him closely in the past, I trust his judgment and I truly believe he represents the best option when asking "Which candidate would I actually find capable of taking the reins of state government in the place of the governor?"

I also know he's extremely hard-working, and I think his campaigning schedule proved it.  Unlike a few of his opponents, his success comes not simply from his identity, but from his tireless effort, whether in the political realm or the private sector.

Brett also balances out the GOP ticket by providing a figure from outside of southeast Wisconsin, and his record of re-election three times in a tough, tough district shows his ability to reach out to independents and others.