Let the Shortsighted Blunder Begin

I saw the 10-foot high chain link fence going up last Wednesday, and I knew something was up.  Demolition of the Old Anthropology Building commences this morning here at Tulane:

In addition, demolition of the Anthropology building is scheduled to
begin on Nov. 10.

Work on both sites will take place during normal hours of construction
operations between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Weekend work
will be limited.

There's nothing left for me to do.  I will state, quite soberly, that President Scott Cowen, and the Tulane administration in general, demonstrated remarkable short-sightedness in simply scooping up FEMA money to raze the structure given its distinctiveness.  I also fault the Tulane campus for failing to even generate a discussion about the building beyond the last minute one I forced it to have.  The administration's steamroll-it-through attitude coupled with student body apathy is all too symptomatic of the campus dynamic.

We will never get this building back.