9.04.2009

Democracy or a sham?


CNN visited the UW campus yesterday to hold a student town hall.


Being a political science major, I wonderedI didn't know about this event.


There was no publicity until after the fact from what I saw.


CNN has criticized the town hall movement. They have called it astroturf, so why have a town hall with their name on it in the midst of this great outpouring of conservative activism.


Were students hand picked? Was the goal to pick liberal students at a liberal university to detract the legitamet concerns of America and to play off of the University of Wisconsin's credibility in political education to push a liberal agenda?


I haven't seen the coverage (yet), but I think if CNN wanted a real opinion forum, they would have publicized the event in order to hear all views held by UW-Madison students.


Well played CNN, but I am not falling for it!!