Nearly Every Time I Read Paul Krugman's Column...

...I end up shaking my head, eyebrows furrowed for bit.  Then I get slightly perturbed.  Finally, I begin slipping toward incensed.

He opens by slamming figures and organizations associated with the vigorous attendees at town hall events across the country who dare to oppose Obama's healthcare reform plan.  

Halfway through, you finally arrive at this...

But while the organizers are as crass as they come, I haven’t seen any evidence that the people disrupting those town halls are Florida-style rent-a-mobs. For the most part, the protesters appear to be genuinely angry. The question is, what are they angry about?

...which effectively reveals the first half of the piece as sensationalist, petty, and ad hominem.
Then, in the second half, Krugman says, without any underlying factual support, that he thinks almost anyone who opposes healthcare reform is a Birther.

It doesn't take a Nobel prize to write such drivel.

As one friend of the blog noted, summing up Krugman's column:

I worry about the government's ability to pay for a program that will add $1 trillion in deficit (and almost certainly far more) over the next ten years. Therefore, I must be swayed by racial fear and believe that Obama was born in Kenya.

Makes perfect logical sense to me.