6.17.2009

"Go ahead, make my day."

While casually surfing the internet for cave paintings, I came across a fun post over at Troglopundit about your top 10 favorite movie quotations. I posted mine in the comments - as well as the movies from which they are taken - but thought I'd do it again here.

The rules are simple: only one per movie franchise, and it’s gotta be something you might (and do) quote in an everyday conversation.

Here are mine:
1. Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.

2. Don’t drive angry!

3. He chose poorly.

4. Earth, Hitler, 1938.

5. A toast? Yeah. To high treason. That's what these men were committing when they signed the Declaration. Had we lost the war, they would have been hanged, beheaded, drawn and quartered, and-Oh! Oh, my personal favorite-and had their entrails cut out and ''burned''! So... Here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right...what they knew was right.

6. Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

7. I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

8. They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!

9. I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them.

10. Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there’s the law. And sooner or later they find God’s already been there.
So, what are your favorite movie quotations? And bonus points to anyone who can name the movies #9 and #10 are from without looking.