Hell just froze over: I'm bored with politics

I've been reading a lot of blogs and news sites lately, yet I just can't think of anything to write.

Of course there is the ongoing saga of Miss California, the media blitz that is Dick Cheney, the stupidity of the Wisconsin state legislature, and a whole bunch of other - arguably much more important - things going on. Still, none of it intrigues me enough to write a coherent post.

I may have reached the point of being bored by politics - at least momentarily.

Seriously, I love the bloodsport that is American politics as much as the next guy, but every once in a while you just want a break.

Lately I have focused more on thinking about golf, the Brewers and fishing - as well as possible honeymoon destinations - than politics. They are much more relaxing activities, too.

So in that spirit, I'm looking forward to playing golf when I'm home on leave. I've been thinking about which courses to play and in particular which Madison course. (I'm thinking of playing on a Sunday, so if anyone has a suggestion of a course in Madison that won't be too busy, I'd appreciate it) I'm also looking forward to fishing - if I have time. I am certainly looking forward to once again hearing Bob Uecker's voice calling a Ryan Braun home run.

Last but certainly not least, I'm looking forward to some beers on the Terrace with my friends and my fiancee. That will be paradise.

I'm sure I'll think of something else to write about soon enough, but for now - for me - a break from politics is in order.