Exclusive Interview: A Visit to the Absinthe Museum of America

I ventured down into the French Quarter here in New Orleans recently to interview Stacy Sisson of the Absinthe Museum of America. The small, but fascinating museum is the only one of its kind in North America.

I recently tried the drink for the first time down in Pirate's Alley, so it was nice to flesh out my understanding of "the green fairy".

Check it out:

In the course of our brief interview, you'll learn a bit about the museum, the history of absinthe, the story of the ban, what absinthe is now legal in the U.S., and why you might want to refrain from burning your absinthe.

For a higher quality viewing, head here and select "watch in high quality" immediately below the screen.


(Full Disclosure: I was not compensated for this interview beyond free admission to the museum. I simply thought it would be interesting. And it was.)