1.30.2008

Here's some food for thought...

while I'm contemplating what to make myself for dinner.

A few days ago I saw a story on a new product in Europe: canned cheeseburgers:

I honestly can't figure out how I feel about this: is it the greatest achievement of mankind thus far, or is it an abomination of foodstuffs that deserves to be hucked back into the gaping maw of whatever food processing plant it was spewed from?

Today I saw a story about poor people in Haiti making and eating dirt cookies:

A reporter sampling a cookie found that it had a smooth consistency and sucked all the moisture out of the mouth as soon as it touched the tongue. For hours, an unpleasant taste of dirt lingered.

If they start canning mud for dirt cookies, would you even bother washing the pan before baking them?

Update: A guy cooked and ate a canned hamburger here