9.04.2006

Movie to see: Talvisota - The Winter War

This is a very good Finnish flick on the Winter War which took place from November 30th, 1939 through March 13th, 1940 between Finland and the Soviet Union.

"This film tells the story of a Finnish platoon of reservists from the municipality of Kauhava in the province of Pohjanmaa/Osttrobottnia who leave their homes and go to war. The film focuses on the farmer brothers Martti and Paavo Hakala."

Check out a clip of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6uU4-htcWg


BTW I apologize for not being around as of late. Real life duties always take priority and they have kept me from posting much for the last three weeks. If I am not able to work out a consistent posting regiment during the school year I will either have someone else take my spot on LIB or with Mike and Erick's agreement add more posters to the blog and retreat into the background, only to post twice a month or so.